Rondeau Park Updates and Community Build
The City is currently in the process of Rondeau Park enhancements. New amenities will focus on ADA accessibility and features that were identified in the Park System Master Plan and throughout community-wide engagement over the past 18+ months.
- New playground equipment
- Poured-in-place rubber safety surfacing to replace wood fiber surfacing
- New open-air picnic shelter
- New drinking fountain
- New trail surfacing throughout the park
- Stormwater improvements
- New surfacing on the basketball court
- 2018 - Park System Master Plan completed which included identifying additional amenities at Rondeau Park
- 2020/2021 - Community-wide feedback received
- Summer 2021 - Rondeau Park improvements added to Capital Improvement Plan utilizing ARPA funds and City Council approval to move forward with the park enhancements
- Fall 2021- Feedback received by the community on playground designs
- Winter 2021-2022 - Playground ordered, construction plans and specs approved and bids received
- Spring 2022 - Demolition and construction of hard surfaces and landscaping
- April 2022 - Playground removed to prepare for construction. The City partnered with Kids Around the World to carefully take the existing playground apart to be refurbished and rebuilt in a developing country.
- Summer 2022 - Playground Community Build July 15 & 16. See the Community Build section below for more information.
- Fall 2022 - Ribbon-cutting and opening of new playground
We need your help to build the next playground at Rondeau Park! The City of Little Canada is replacing the playground equipment at Rondeau Park and we need approximately 45 volunteers each day to help us assemble and install the new playground on Saturday, July 15, and Sunday, July 16, rain or shine!
We need people of all skill levels to come out and help with the Community Build. Team leaders will assess skills and assign tasks. Please bring any tools you may have that will help complete the build, a complete list of tools that are needed is available on our website. Don’t forget to mark your tools.
FREE food and beverages will be provided as well as childcare for children age 3+ whose parents are volunteering at the event.
Use our online SignUpGenius to sign up for any number of timeslots, and we'll find the right place for you when you check-in for your shift. All day help would be great, but even committing to a couple of hours would be appreciated. Signing up will also get you on the list to receive email updates as we get closer to construction.
Just select a work shift(s) by scrolling to the end of the name list for that shift, check the sign-up box, and hit the blue "Submit and Sign Up" button at the bottom of your screen. No need to add a comment.
- Shifts - 7 a.m. - Noon, Noon - 5 p.m., or all day
Need help signing up? Call 651-766-4045 or email us.
Don't forget to let your friends, family, and neighbors know about this awesome opportunity to contribute your time and skills to the community!
- The more volunteer we can get to work a full day, the more efficient the project will be.
- Arrive by 7 a.m. for morning or full-day shifts. Arrive by noon for afternoon shifts.
- Construction will occur rain or shine.
- Wear appropriate clothing and shoes.
- Volunteers will sort, assemble, and install hardware and equipment. There multiple pieces of equipment, plus bridges, walls, and connectors.
- Ages 14 and older only. This is a work zone. Daycare will be provided for children 3+ whose parents are volunteering.
- Groups and individuals are welcome.
- All skill levels are welcome. Use of basic tools helpful. Team leaders will assess skills and assign tasks.
- Beverages, snacks, and lunch will be provided for volunteers.
- Bathrooms will be available.
Please mark and bring any of the following tools that you have:
- 10' step ladders
- Tape Measure
- Hand Levels
- Utility Knives
- Cordless Power Drill
- Ratchet sets - 3/8" or 1/4" drive with adapters
- 3/8" Drive Sockets & Wrenches (9/16" and 1/4" are the most needed sizes)
- Large screwdrivers
- Needle nose pliers
Please email or call Bryce Shearen, Parks & Recreation/Community Services Manager at 651-766-4045 with any questions.