The Parks and Recreation Commission advises the City Council on park acquisition, park development, and recreational programming. Their meetings are open to the public, and broadcast in several fashions. This Commission consists of seven members appointed by the City Council. Terms are for three years, with appointments made in January.
Mission & Goals
Our mission is to promote community engagement, wellness, and pride by providing exceptional public recreation services and facilities.
The Parks & Recreation Goals are as follows:
- Excellent customer service:
- Making the customer feel special
- Going the extra mile
- Collaborating with others to deliver a great experience
- Promoting a Sense of Community Pride:
- Well maintained and safe parks and facilities:
- Well maintained: clean, timely service, functional equipment, good ice
- Safe: Trails are plowed and maintained, open line of sight, proactive/responsive to issues
- Programming for all ages and abilities:
- Inclusive, “team” environment
- Activities, trips, educations opportunities to enhance Quality of Life
- Partnering to ensure broad opportunities
Watch Our Meetings
Our Parks and Recreation Commission meetings are broadcast live online or on Little Canada's Cable Channel 16 or you may view past meetings online.
Vacancies on this Commission are advertised under our volunteer opportunities.